An Immigration Law Firm with Decades of Experience
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Immigration Law
  4.  » Investor Visas

Need Legal Counsel For An Investor Visa?

Nonimmigrant Visa For Investors

A citizen or national of a treaty country (a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation) may apply for an E-2 visa to be admitted to the United States when investing a substantial amount of capital in a real and operating U.S. business. There is a list of Treaty Countries maintained by the United States. Among these countries are Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Spain, Italy, France and Germany.

 To qualify for E-2 classification, the treaty investor must: be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce; have invested, or be actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise in the United States; and be seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise. This is established by showing a majority ownership (at least 51%) of the enterprise or possession of operational control through a managerial position or other corporate device.

An investment is the investor’s placing of capital, including funds and/or other assets, which must be subjected to partial or total loss if the investment fortunes are reversed. The treaty investor must show that these funds have not been obtained, directly or indirectly, from criminal activity.

There is no exact amount required for investment.  In determining whether the investment is “substantial”, the examiner will look at the total costs of purchasing or establishing the enterprise and determine whether the investment is sufficient to ensure the treaty investor’s financial commitment to the successful operation of the enterprise.

One of the most valuable services provided by the Law Offices of Alex Solomiany, P.A., is an initial consultation. During your consultation with attorney Alex Solomiany, he will review your situation and give you an honest assessment of your chances of success.

Permanent Residence For Investors

The fifth preference for employment-based permanent residence (EB-5 visa) is for investors. This preference category allows for residence for an individual who invests or is actively in the process of investing capital of $1,800,000 in a new commercial enterprise that employs 10 U.S. citizens or authorized immigrant workers full-time. This amount may be lowered to $900,000 if the investment is in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA). A TEA is a rural area, or an area that has experienced high unemployment (defined as at least 150% of the national average unemployment rate.

Speak With An Attorney About E-1 Visas And Other Options

To arrange a consultation with Florida lawyer Alex Solomiany, call 305-373-1105 or contact the firm online. The Law Offices of Alex Solomiany, P.A., is located on 999 Brickell Avenue PH1102 Miami, FL 33131.