An Immigration Law Firm with Decades of Experience
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Immigration Law
  4.  » Religious Worker Visas

Need A Religious Worker Visa In Miami?

Obtaining an R-1 visa to come to the United States as a religious worker can involve a difficult process. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is very strict about the type of evidence that must be shown in order to qualify as a religious worker, and any omissions can cause delay or denial of your application.

Helping You Obtain A Religious Worker Visa (R-1)

Alex Solomiany has extensive experience representing rabbis, ministers and imams, as well as professionals who work in religious organizations. He is a past member of the board of directors of the Beth Torah Adath Yeshurun Congregation and the Young Leadership Council of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation. He has also lectured to the leadership councils of Baptist churches in Florida and other religious institutions in Florida on the subject of visas for religious workers.

One of the most valuable services the Law Offices of Alex Solomiany, P.A., provides is an initial consultation to review your R-1 visa case. While no lawyer can promise that your R-1 visa application will be successful, I can tell you if you are qualified and explain the documentation you will need to support your case.

Who Are Religious Workers?

Religious workers include ministers, rabbis, imams and others who work in a religious vocation, as well as professionals, such as teachers, who work for a religious organization in a religious occupation.

To qualify for an R-1 visa, you must have been a member of the sponsoring religious denomination for two years prior to your application. This denomination must have a bona fide religious organization in the United States.

What Documentation Is Required To Support My R-1 Visa Application?

Documentation for an R-1 visa requires:

  • A detailed contract or job offer
  • Evidence that the organization is exempt from taxation or qualifies for tax-exempt status pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
  • Evidence that the organization can pay the salary offered
  • A letter from the authorized official of the religious organization in the United States attesting to your membership and explaining your religious work in detail
  • Your certificates of religious instruction and/or baptism
  • Evidence of your employment for the previous two years with an organization affiliated with the denomination in the United States

Get Guidance For Your Application

Seeking a special type of visa can be difficult due to the necessary documentation. Alex Solomiany can help you complete the process as efficiently as possible. For a consultation, call 305-373-1105 or email the office in Miami.